- Paddleboard hire is offered on the basis that hirers are appropriately experienced in the craft being hired, including safety and rescue of the craft, kit and group, in the environment being paddled.
- The craft must be used at the venue where it is provided by Och Aye Canoe and must not be taken off site. It must only be used in the area indicated by Och Aye Canoe staff at the time of the hire.
- No instruction is included with the hire, and Och Aye Canoe accepts no responsibility for injury or death during said hire.
- Buoyancy aids are issued free of charge with all hires. All hirers are required to be at the collection / drop-off point to ensure all are fitted with a suitably sized buoyancy aid. These are required to be worn at all times when on the water when out paddleboarding.
- Should any hire kit be lost or damaged during the hire period, the charge for each item is clearly listed on the Paddle Kit List below should a repair not be possible. Repair costs will also be chargeable including labour. Should there be damage to the paddleboard itself, additional charges to fix or replace will apply.
- There are no changing rooms available, you should change at your vehicle. If hiring a wetsuit a large towel is good, plus it it’s easiest to arrive wearing your swimsuit beneath your regular clothes for then having under the wetsuit.
- For a full refund cancellations must be made with at least 48 hours’ notice. Cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice, including participants changing their mind on the day will not be refunded. Please make sure you arrive on time for your hire period, if you arrive late Och Aye Canoe will try to accommodate you, however this may not be possible, and you will not be refunded.
- Och Aye Canoe reserves the right to cancel any session at any time. This will usually be due to events outside our control and for safety reasons. In the unlikely event of this happening a full refund will be given.
- Och Aye Canoe do not offer compensation for other costs incurred (e.g travel costs). Och Aye Canoe reserves the right to cancel the session without a refund if participants are behaving in a way that we believe may spoil the enjoyment of others, or if Och Aye Canoe deem anyone to be unfit or unsafe to use the equipment.
- Participants should be able to swim – non swimmers must satisfy Och Aye Canoe staff that they are water confident. Participants must follow the instructions of Och Aye Canoe staff.
Paddle Kit List (cost of replacement)
- Aquaplanet Max paddleboard £350
- Aquaplanet Pace paddleboard £350
- SUP Paddle £30
- SUP Fin £15
- SUP Quick Release Belt £20
- SUP Ankle Leash. £25
- Wetsuit £70
- Buoyancy Aid £50
For those with limited to no experience Och Aye Canoe runs tuition sessions, bookable online at www.ochayecanoescotland.co.uk