I started Och Aye Canoe because I love being out on the water and I wanted to share my passion with others. Being out on the water, whatever the craft, is such a ‘switch off’ from everyday life and so peaceful too. Through my business I want to focus on getting complete beginners out to enjoy this – there is no need to have fancy gear and there is no pressure during my sessions, the aim is to have fun, progress at your own pace, and be safe!
I run most of my sessions in Tayside and Fife, however contact me if you would like a session elsewhere and we can try and arrange. I pride myself in being able to keep each and every tour personal, unique and custom.
I have the following qualifications:-
- British Canoe Union Paddlesport Leader
- British Canoe Union UKCC Level 2 (canoe) Coach
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Outdoor First Aid (16 hrs)
- British Canoeing Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning
- Multi-day Touring Award
- British Canoe Union Paddle Awards Provider
- Leave No Trace Accredited Trainer
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Accredited Assessor (incl to Gold level)
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat Certificate
- RYA Intermediate Powerboat
- RYA Advanced Powerboat
- RYA VHF/SRC Radio
- RYA Essential Navigation & Seamanship
- RYA Dayskipper Theory
- RYA Professional Practices & Responsibilities
- British Sign Language Level 1
- British Canoe Union Introduction to Paddle-ability CPD
- Deaf Awareness in Aquatic Sport CPD
- Disability In Sport CPD (Foundation)
- Disability Awareness CPD (Foundation)
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity CPD
- Coaching the Mind CPD (Intermediate)
I am always looking for ways to develop myself professionally and am regularly attending courses to do this. I am currently training towards becoming commercially endorsed to use a powerboat. Future goals include becoming a powerboating instructor.
In my spare time I enjoy coastal rowing, relaxation, listening to music and socialising with friends.