I started Och Aye Canoe because I love being out on the water and I wanted to share my passion with others. Being out on the water, whatever the craft, is such a ‘switch off’ from everyday life and so peaceful too. Through my business I want to focus on getting complete beginners out to enjoy this – there is no need to have fancy gear and there is no pressure during my sessions, the aim is to have fun, progress at your own pace, and be safe!
I run most of my sessions in Tayside and Fife, however contact me if you would like a session elsewhere and we can try and arrange. I pride myself in being able to keep each and every tour personal, unique and custom.
I have the following qualifications:-
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat Certificate
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- British Canoe Union Paddlesport Leader
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Accredited Assessor (gold level)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Outdoor First Aid (16 hour)
- British Canoe Union UKCC Level 2 Coach
- Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning
- Multi-Day Touring Award
- Coaching The Mind CPD (Intermediate)
- Disability In Sport CPD (Foundation)
- Disability Awareness CPD (Foundation)
- Deaf Awareness In Aquatic Sport CPD
- British Sign Language Level 1
- Provider of new BCU Paddle Awards
I am always looking for ways to develop myself professionally and am regularly attending courses to do this. I am currently training towards becoming commercially endorsed to use a powerboat.
In my spare time I enjoy coastal rowing, playing tennis, relaxation, listening to music and socialising with friends.